A Confession to the Sun

"A heartfelt apology for taking the beauty of the natural world for granted"

In response to

Sunday Confessionals – The Sun



Dear Sun,

As I sit here basking in your warm embrace, I can't help but feel grateful for your presence in my life. Your light brings warmth to my skin and light to my world, and I am reminded of the beauty and wonder of the natural world.

Oh Sun, I have a confession to make as I feel a sense of guilt washes over me. I confess that I have not always appreciated you as I should. I have taken you for granted for so long. I see you every day, and yet I never really appreciate your warmth and light. I wake up to your presence every morning, but I'm always in a hurry to start my day, and I forget to acknowledge your beauty.

I know I should be more outside, soaking up this natural light, feeling the warmth on my skin, and breathing in the fresh air. But more often than not, I find myself glued to screens, scrolling through social media, or binge-watching TV shows. There have been days when I have cursed your brightness when I have hidden in the shade to avoid your heat, and when I have taken your presence for granted.

You are a constant reminder of how much time I waste indoors, hidden away from the world. You remind me of all the missed opportunities, the times I could have gone for a walk or a hike, but instead chose to stay indoors. It's as if you are beckoning me, begging me to come outside and make the most of every moment.

But today, I took a moment to sit outside and just bask in your rays. It was like a revelation to me. As I feel your rays on my face and see the way you illuminate the world around me, I realize how foolish I was to ever take you for granted. You are a source of life and vitality, and without you, the world would be a dark and cold place. I felt so grateful for your life-giving energy, and I realized that without you, life as we know it would not be possible. You sustain us in so many ways, from the growth of plants to the warmth we need to survive.

I am sorry for not appreciating you more, but I know that it's not too late to change my ways. I can start by making a conscious effort to spend more time in nature, to take advantage of your rays and all the wonders you have to offer. I can make a promise to myself to be more mindful and present at the moment, to appreciate the beauty around me.

So as I sit here, feeling your warmth on my face, I make a pledge to myself to appreciate you more fully from this day forward. I will bask in your warmth and embrace your brightness, and I will never forget the role you play in sustaining life on this planet. I will be grateful for every sunrise and sunset. I make a pledge to live my life to the fullest, embrace every opportunity, and never take the beauty of the natural world for granted.

Thank you, Sun, for your eternal presence and your unending warmth. I am grateful for you, now and always.

Sincerely,

A Human Basking in Your Warmth

Comments

  1. Vitamin D deficiency is driving many people closer to the Sun again :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well said! We need some vitamin sun every day :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comment will be published after the approval.

Popular posts from this blog

Dancer's Flight

The Sharpear Enope Squid

Window Gazing