A Nature Lover's Confession to Spring

"Reflecting on taking the beauty of spring for granted."

Sunday Confessionals : Spring

Image from Guido Gerding


Dear Spring,

As a nature lover, I have a confession to make. Each year, as the cold winter months slowly come to an end, I find myself eagerly anticipating your arrival. I eagerly await the sight of your vibrant blooms, the sweet smell of your fresh air, and the warmth of your sun on my skin. Yet, despite my love for you, I must admit that I often take your beauty for granted.

You see, Spring, as much as I adore you, I sometimes forget to fully appreciate all that you have to offer. I get caught up in my daily routine, consumed by the stresses of life, and forget to take a moment to bask in your glory. I forget to stop and smell the flowers, admire the new buds on the trees, and revel in the sounds of the birds singing.

To Spring

Oh Spring, you are the season of my heart
The time when all the flowers bloom and sing
When life and love and beauty fill the air
And every day is like a new beginning

But Spring, you are also the season of my pain
The time when I remember what I lost
When memories of sorrow haunt my dreams
And every night is like a bitter frost

Spring, you are the season of my hope
The time when I can heal and grow and learn
When challenges and opportunities arise
And every moment is a chance to earn

But Spring, you are also the season of my fear
The time when I must face the unknown
When doubts and worries cloud my vision
And every step is like a journey alone

Spring, you are the season of my joy
The time when I can laugh and play and smile
When friends and family share their warmth and grace
And every hour is like a precious mile

But Spring, you are also the season of my grief
The time when I must say goodbye to some
When tears and hugs express our gratitude
And every farewell is like a silent drum

Spring, you are the season of my soul
The time when I can be myself and more
When gratitude and wonder fill my mind
And every breath is like an open door

Spring, you are the season of my love.

But, Spring, I want you to know that I am trying to be better. I am making a conscious effort to slow down and take it all in; to embrace your gifts with open arms and a grateful heart. I am making time to take long walks in the park, explore new trails, and simply sit and observe the world around me.

Because, Spring, your beauty is truly awe-inspiring. You have the power to lift my spirits, fill me with hope, and remind me of the beauty that exists in the world. And for that, I am truly grateful.

So, here's my promise to you, Spring. I will do my best to cherish each and every moment that I spend with you. To fully immerse myself in your splendor, and to never take your gifts for granted again.

With love and gratitude,

A nature lover.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dancer's Flight

The Sharpear Enope Squid

Melodies of Linda Perry