A Snowy Day with Lily and Rory

"Diane and Sam took their two beloved dogs to play in the snow in Southern California. Rory (golden) with his booties on, and Lily (white) without, enjoyed their time in the snow."

Fandango’s Flash Fiction Challenge #210


Image from Paula Light 
(This photo is credited to Diane and Sam.)


Diane and Sam never thought they would see snow in Southern California, but there it was, blanketing the landscape in a pristine white. Diane and Sam took their beloved dogs, Rory and Lily, to play in the snow. The couple had always wanted to see their pups experience a winter wonderland, even though they lived in Southern California.

Rory, the golden retriever, was the first one out of the car, bounding into the freshly fallen snow. Lily, her white coat almost camouflaged in the wintry landscape, took a moment to appreciate the beauty of the snowflakes falling from the sky. She sat down and gazed up, her wet nose twitching as she tried to catch the flakes.

Rory, on the other hand, was already running around, trying to catch snowballs in his mouth. Diane and Sam laughed as they watched their pups play, with Rory sporting his adorable snow booties to keep his paws warm.

As the day went on, Lily eventually got up and joined Rory in the snow. She was hesitant at first, but once she got used to the cold, she was chasing after Rory and even trying to catch snowballs of her own.

Lily: Hey, Rory! I always wished we could have been here. I've never seen so much snow in my life.

Rory: Yeah, me too. But I don't think I'd like the cold very much.

Lily: That's why they put those booties on you, silly. You'd be just fine.

Rory: Oh, yeah. I forgot about those. They were kind of weird at first, but I got used to them.

Lily: I wish I had some booties too. My paws were freezing just from walking on the sidewalk this morning.

Rory: Yeah, I can imagine. But don't worry, we'll have plenty of opportunities to play in the snow in the future.

Lily: I hope so. I love feeling the fresh snow on my nose and jumping around like crazy.

Rory: Me too. And it's always more fun when we're together.

Lily: Agreed. We're quite the dynamic duo, aren't we?

Rory: The best. And always leashed, of course.

Lily: Of course. Safety first, always.

Diane and Sam sat nearby, enjoying the peacefulness of the snow-covered scenery. They smiled at their furry friends, grateful for the simple pleasures in life. 

Eventually, it was time to head back home, but the couple couldn't resist taking a few pictures of their pups in the snow. They snapped a photo of Lily sitting with her nose pointed to the sky, and Rory lying down in the snow next to her, looking in the opposite direction. It was a beautiful moment captured forever in time.

Comments

  1. Wonderful contribution! Thank you. ~ Paula

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pleasure is all mine. I've added a short conversation between Lily and Rory.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Your comment will be published after the approval.

Popular posts from this blog

Dancer's Flight

The Sharpear Enope Squid

Window Gazing