A Wolf's Journey Beyond the Forest

"Follow the story of a wolf who left its pack to explore the world beyond the forest and found a new sense of identity."

The Friday Reminder and Prompt for #SoCS March 4, 2023

Prompt to attempt
Choose a wild animal (or many wild animals) and use it any way you’d like in your post.

For this prompt, I chose "Wolf".

Photo by Steve

I am a wolf, and I am part of a pack. We roam the forest together, hunting and protecting each other. The alpha male leads us with strength and wisdom, and I am proud to follow him.

But lately, I have been feeling restless. I have been wondering about the world beyond the forest, about what lies outside of our territory. The alpha male senses my restlessness, and he has been keeping a close eye on me.

One day, as we were out on a hunt, I caught the scent of something strange. It was a human, and it was alone. The alpha male warned me to stay away, but I couldn't resist. I had to know more about these creatures that I had only heard of in stories. 

I followed the scent until I found the human, a young man who was lost in the woods. He was scared and alone, and I could see the fear in his eyes as I approached him. But I didn't harm him. Instead, I sat by his side, watching over him as he rested. 

The next day, I led him out of the forest and back to his village. The humans were afraid of me at first, but the young man vouched for me, telling them that I had saved his life. From then on, I visited the village often, watching from a distance as the humans went about their lives. 

I realized that there was more to the world than just the forest and that there were creatures out there who were just as curious about us as we were about them. And so, I made a decision. I left the pack and set out on my own, exploring the world and learning as much as I could about humans and their ways. 

It was a scary journey, filled with dangers and challenges that I had never faced before. But I was determined to learn and grow, to expand my horizons beyond the forest. And as I traveled, I realized that I had become more than just a wolf. I was a traveler, a learner, and an adventurer.
 
Now, years later, I am still on my journey. I have seen and experienced things that I never would have imagined in the safety of the forest. And though I miss my pack and the comfort of the familiar, I know that I made the right choice. I am a wolf, but I am also a traveler, and that is something that I will always cherish.

Comments

  1. A wonderfully refreshing perspective about a brave wolf.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should like to follow your site - but cannot see how I may? I enjoy your posts

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comment will be published after the approval.

Popular posts from this blog

Dancer's Flight

Melodies of Linda Perry

Window Gazing