Cinnamon, My Heart's Delight

"A Syllabic Poem Celebrating the Warmth and Magic of Cinnamon"

🌶️ This week’s challenge is The Spice of Life: Choose a spice from your kitchen cabinet, and relate its flavor to an event that recently happened in your daily life. Write your syllabic poem! Bonus—if you share a photo of the spice in your post. 🌶️

Image from Pixabay


For this challenge, I have picked up "Cinnamon". Cinnamon is not just a popular spice, it also offers a range of health benefits. It has been used for centuries in traditional medicine to treat various ailments. Cinnamon is rich in antioxidants that can help protect the body from damage caused by free radicals. It has anti-inflammatory properties that can help reduce inflammation in the body. Cinnamon may also help regulate blood sugar levels by improving insulin sensitivity. In addition, it has antimicrobial properties that can help fight off infections. So not only does cinnamon add delicious flavor to food, but it also offers numerous health benefits.

Here is my syllabic poem:-

Cinnamon sticks, oh how sweet
In kitchen jars, it's a treat
Adds flavor to each dish made
Memories of home cascade

Its fragrance so warm and true
Reminds me of childhood too
Simple pleasures, we forget
Cinnamon brings back, I bet

Reminiscing days that have gone
With cinnamon scent, I am drawn
A dash of it, my heart fills
Memories, it softly spills

A warm hug from grandma's lap
Pancakes with cinnamon, a nap
Innocent giggles fill the air
Life's simple pleasures we share

Cinnamon, a treasure trove
Of moments and memories wove
In every meal, a bit of past
A flavor that forever lasts.

Comments

  1. I love this, Pankaj! The rhythm and rhyming pulled me back to my childhood memories. Well done!

    Yvette M Calleiro :-)
    http://yvettemcalleiro.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for sharing your thoughts, it means a lot to me! I'm glad that my writing was able to evoke some nostalgic feelings from your childhood. It's always fulfilling as a writer to know that my work has resonated with someone. Thank you for your kind words of encouragement, it motivates me to keep writing and improving.

      Delete
  2. Wow... this is great, and very thorough. What syllabic form did you use? Each stanza adds to the poem. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! I can smell it and taste it.💜💜

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pankaj ~ you really infused life into this common spice ~ well done!

    Sincerely,
    David
    SkepticsKaddish.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful. I don't quite recognise the form you used. I do love cinamon.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comment will be published after the approval.

Popular posts from this blog

Dancer's Flight

The Sharpear Enope Squid

Melodies of Linda Perry