Defending My Decisions: Why I Believe It's Important

"A self-reflective response on defending personal decisions to others."

Sunday Poser # 122

Sadje asks - When you decide to do something, do you defend your decisions to those around you?

Image from Sadje


I find that my response to this question varies depending on the situation. In some cases, I feel the need to defend my decisions to those around me, especially if they directly affect others or if I feel strongly about them. For example, if I decide to pursue a certain career path or take on a new project, I may feel the need to explain my reasoning and reassure others of my capabilities and commitment.

On the other hand, there are times when I choose not to defend my decisions, especially if they are more personal or if I feel that others may not understand or support them. In these cases, I may choose to keep my plans to myself or only share them with a select few individuals who I trust and who I know will be supportive.

In general, I believe that it is important to be confident in one's decisions and to stand by them, but at the same time, it is also important to be open to feedback and to consider the perspectives of others. There is a fine balance between defending one's decisions and being open to constructive criticism, and I believe that finding that balance is key to making the best possible choices.

Ultimately, I think that the most important thing is to trust one's own judgment and to be true to oneself. If I am confident in my decisions and feel that they align with my values and goals, then I am less likely to feel the need to defend them to others. At the end of the day, it is my life and my choices, and I am responsible for the outcomes that result from them.

Comments

Post a Comment

Your comment will be published after the approval.

Popular posts from this blog

Dancer's Flight

The Sharpear Enope Squid

Melodies of Linda Perry