Eco-Friendly and Natural Household Practices

"Sharing my thoughts on different household practices such as using air fresheners, cleaning kitchen appliances, using fabric conditioners, and drying laundry. They emphasize the importance of being mindful of the environment and health while still enjoying a pleasant living space."

In response to

Share Your World March 20th


Di of pensitivity101 wants us to reply to the following questions:-

1. Do you use an ‘air freshener’ in your home/car/office? (solid, gel, spray, pot pourri, etc)
2. How often do you clean the oven or microwave?
3. Do you use a fabric conditioner in your laundry and/or fragranced tumble drier sheets?
4. If you have the choice, do you prefer to get your laundry dry outside on a line or use a tumble drier?

Image from The Good Trade


1. Do you use an ‘air freshener’ in your home/car/office? (solid, gel, spray, pot pourri, etc)

I have used different types of air fresheners in my home and car over the years. I find that they can be useful tools to create a pleasant and inviting atmosphere. However, I also recognize that some air fresheners can be harmful to the environment and to human health if they contain harmful chemicals. Therefore, I try to choose natural and eco-friendly options whenever possible.

In my home, I like to use essential oil diffusers or natural potpourri to add a pleasant scent to the air. I also make sure to open windows regularly to let fresh air circulate throughout the space.

In my car, I sometimes use a car air freshener but I try to avoid overpowering scents that can be distracting or even nauseating. Instead, I opt for more subtle scents that can create a calming or uplifting effect.

Overall, while I do use air fresheners, I believe that it's important to use them in moderation and to choose eco-friendly options whenever possible.

2. How often do you clean the oven or microwave?

I can say that how often one cleans their oven or microwave depends on their usage and personal preference. Some people might clean their oven or microwave after every use, while others may only do so once every few months. Personally, I try to clean my microwave once a week, as it tends to accumulate food splatters and stains quickly. As for my oven, I clean it every few months or whenever I notice that it has become noticeably dirty. However, I do make sure to wipe down any spills or stains as soon as they happen to prevent them from getting baked on and harder to clean later on. Ultimately, it's important to maintain good hygiene and cleanliness in our kitchen appliances to ensure their longevity and prevent any health hazards.

3. Do you use a fabric conditioner in your laundry and/or fragranced tumble drier sheets?

I must say that I have used fabric conditioners and fragranced tumble drier sheets in the past. I do like the fresh scent they provide to my clothes and how soft and fluffy they make them feel. However, lately, I have been more conscious of the environmental impact of these products and their potential health effects. Therefore, I have been trying to switch to more eco-friendly and natural alternatives, such as using vinegar as a fabric softener or drying my clothes outside in the fresh air. While the scent may not be as strong or long-lasting, I feel better knowing that I am taking steps to reduce my impact on the environment and my exposure to potentially harmful chemicals.

4. If you have the choice, do you prefer to get your laundry dry outside on a line or use a tumble drier?

I would say that I prefer to get my laundry dry outside on a line rather than using a tumble dryer. There's something satisfying about hanging my clothes outside and letting them dry naturally in the fresh air and sunshine. Plus, it's a more environmentally friendly option as it doesn't use any electricity.

I also find that clothes dried outside on a line tend to have a fresher and cleaner scent compared to those dried in a tumble dryer. It's as if the sun and wind have a natural cleansing effect on the fabric.

Of course, there are some downsides to hanging laundry outside, such as the weather not cooperating or the potential for allergens like pollen or pet hair to stick to the fabric. But overall, I still prefer to use a clothesline when possible. It's a simple pleasure that reminds me to slow down and appreciate the little things in life.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dancer's Flight

Melodies of Linda Perry

Window Gazing