Finding Peace Through Meditation

"Neglecting mental health is easy to do, but taking a moment to meditate and reflect can make all the difference."

FOWC with Fandango — Meditate

Image from Men's Health


Meditate, I hear them say,
A practice to calm my mind each day.
To sit and breathe, to close my eyes,
And find peace within, as time flies.

But oh, how hard it can be,
To quiet the thoughts inside of me.
To let go of worry, stress, and fear,
And simply be present, right here.

I start to fidget, my mind races,
My to-do list takes up all the spaces.
I judge myself for not doing it right,
And then I wonder, is this worth the fight?

But as I continue to try,
To meditate and quiet my mind,
I begin to notice something new,
A sense of calm, a clearer view.

My thoughts slow down, my breath steadies,
And I feel a sense of peace, so heady.
The world around me fades away,
As I focus on my breath each day.

And though it's not always easy to start,
Meditating has become a part,
Of my daily routine, my self-care,
A way to find stillness in the midst of despair.

So I'll continue to meditate each day,
To quiet my mind and find my way.
To be present, to be kind,
And find peace within, in body and mind.

I woke up early one morning, feeling groggy and out of sorts. As I stumbled towards my kitchen to make my coffee, I noticed the sun rising outside my window, casting a warm glow on the world. Despite feeling tired, I felt compelled to step outside and take in the beauty of the world around me.

As I stood there, the sun on my face and the gentle breeze blowing through my face, I suddenly realized that I had been neglecting my own mental health. I had been so busy with work and the stresses of everyday life that I hadn't taken a moment to pause and meditate for what felt like forever.

I closed my eyes, took a deep breath, and let my mind clear. At first, my thoughts raced, jumping from one worry to the next, but I kept focusing on my breathing until they gradually slowed down. The world around me faded away, and I was left with only my own thoughts.

I reflected on the choices I had made in my life, the relationships I had formed, and the path I had taken. It wasn't always easy, and there were times when I felt lost, but at that moment, everything felt right. I realized that I needed to make meditation a regular part of my routine, to take the time to pause and reflect, and to find peace in the chaos.

As I opened my eyes, I felt a sense of calm wash over me. The world seemed brighter, more vibrant, and full of possibilities. I knew that life would still have its challenges, but I felt better equipped to face them.

From that day on, I made a promise to myself to meditate regularly. Whether it was for just a few minutes in the morning or a longer session in the evening, I knew that taking the time to clear my mind and reflect would make all the difference in my mental health and overall well-being.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dancer's Flight

Melodies of Linda Perry

Window Gazing