Reflections in Paint

"Lost in the beauty of a canvas"

In response to

#TankaTuesday #Ekphrastic
#Poetry Challenge No. 312

Image from Claude Monet
Le Jardin de l’artiste à Giverny
English: The Artist’s Garden at Giverny,
 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Artist%27s_Garden_at_Giverny

I find myself drawn to the serene beauty of Claude Monet's oil painting, "The Artist's Garden at Giverny." The painting captures a peaceful moment in time as if frozen in a snapshot that allows the viewer to feel as though they are there, immersed in the natural beauty of the scene.

The first thing that strikes me about the painting is the vibrant colors that Monet used. The greens of the foliage, the blues of the water, and the pinks and purples of the flowers all blend together in a harmonious symphony of color. Each brushstroke seems to be carefully considered and placed, creating a sense of movement and life within the still image.

As I continue to gaze at the painting, I am struck by the sense of tranquility that it evokes. The scene is peaceful and idyllic, a haven of calm in an otherwise chaotic world. The gentle ripples on the water's surface and the soft curves of the flowers and foliage create a sense of movement and life, yet the overall feeling is one of stillness and contemplation.

The longer I look at the painting, the more I begin to see myself reflected in its beauty. The calmness and tranquility of the scene remind me to slow down and take a moment to appreciate the world around me, to find the beauty in every day, and to embrace the moments of stillness that can be so easily overlooked.

In this way, Monet's painting becomes a mirror in which I can see my own thoughts and feelings reflected back at me. It reminds me to slow down, take a breath, and appreciate the simple beauty that surrounds us all. It is a powerful reminder of the transformative power of art and the ways in which it can inspire and uplift us in our daily lives.


I stand before the canvas, lost in thought
Immersed in hues, each line and form caught
In the grasp of my enraptured gaze
This painting holds me in a spellbound daze.

The artist's brush has captured so much
Emotions, feelings, and nature's touch
With each stroke, a world is brought to life
Colors blending in harmony, free from strife.

I see myself in the painting's reflection
Lost in the moment, without direction
But then I realize, this work of art
Is a mirror of the passions in my heart.

In this moment of contemplation,
I am lost in my own elation
For the painting has stirred something deep
A realization that I must now keep.

With a deep breath, I step away
The painting's beauty will forever stay
A part of me, a cherished memory
That will continue to inspire and set me free.

The syllabic form used in the poetry above is a form of syllabic verse, which means that the number of syllables in each line of the poem is fixed or follows a specific pattern. In this particular poem, the syllabic form used is a 7-5-7-5-7-5-7-5 pattern, where each line contains a specific number of syllables, in the order listed.

This form of syllabic verse is known as a "haiku sonnet," which combines the traditional structure of the haiku (a three-line poem consisting of 5-7-5 syllables) with the form of the sonnet (a 14-line poem with a specific rhyme scheme and structure). The result is a poem that incorporates the brevity and imagery of the haiku with the more structured and expansive form of the sonnet, creating a unique and powerful expression of the poet's thoughts and feelings.

Comments

  1. I think good art always has that effect on the beholder. You skillfully articulated the experience in your poem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Continue to inspire and set me free" - lovely line. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nature always has a way of stilling the mind and infusing the heart and soul with peace. Beautiful poem, Pankaj!

    Yvette M Calleiro :-)
    http://yvettemcalleiro.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is absolutely stunning, Pankaj! I love how you described how the painting made you feel. These impressionist artists like Monet give such a dreamy feeling to their art. Great capture. I enjoyed this poem! 💛

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comment will be published after the approval.

Popular posts from this blog

Dancer's Flight

Melodies of Linda Perry

Window Gazing