The Hilarious Consequences of Pitication

"A humorous take on a made-up word and its unexpected effects."

No Nonsense – Saturday Mix, 18 March 2023

Welcome to the Saturday Mix – No Nonsense, 18 March 2023!
You will be given a nonsensical, made-up word. You will need to come up with your own definition and use it creatively and in context, in your response. It is your choice whether you write using poetry or prose.

Your nonsense word this week is: “pitication”

Remember, define it; then use it!
Image from Adweek


As a humorous person, I am always looking for ways to inject some fun into my daily life. One day, while browsing through a dictionary, I came across the word "pitication". The definition was nonsensical, and I found it hilarious.

Intrigued by this word, I decided to create my own meaning for it. To me, "pitication" meant the act of pretending to be busy in order to avoid doing actual work. It was a tactic I had used many times before, and I found it to be a useful tool in my daily routine.

One day, I was sitting at my desk, staring at my computer screen, and feeling completely unmotivated. I knew I had a lot of work to do, but I just couldn't seem to get started. That's when I remembered "pitication". I quickly opened up a spreadsheet and began typing away, furiously clicking my mouse and typing random numbers into cells.

My coworker walked by and asked what I was working on. I replied with a confident, "Oh, just some pitication." She looked at me quizzically and then shrugged and walked away.

For the rest of the day, I continued my pitication, typing away at my computer and occasionally pretending to take important phone calls. The funny thing was, I actually ended up getting a lot of work done during my pitication. By the end of the day, I had completed several tasks and even managed to impress my boss.

From that day forward, pitication became a regular part of my work routine. Whenever I felt overwhelmed or unmotivated, I would simply start typing away, pretending to be busy. And more often than not, it actually helped me get things done.

In the end, I realized that sometimes a little bit of humor and nonsense can go a long way in making the workday more enjoyable. And thanks to my made-up word "pitication", I had found a way to inject some lightheartedness into my daily routine.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dancer's Flight

Melodies of Linda Perry

Window Gazing