The Unexpected Ripple

"A nature lover's perspective is forever changed after witnessing an unexpected event at a serene lake."

Writing prompt:- Write a short story about a nature lover who, while sitting by a serene lake, witnesses an unexpected event that changes their perspective on the natural world. How does the event affect them, and what do they learn about nature? Does it challenge their beliefs or confirm their love for the natural world? Use the image of the ripple in the calm waters as a symbol of the unexpected and explore how the protagonist's experience reflects this idea.

In collaboration with

#WRITEPHOTO – Ripple

Image from KL Caley


I always loved nature. There was nothing more peaceful than sitting by a serene lake, listening to the gentle lapping of the water against the shore, and watching the leaves dance in the breeze. It was my escape from the hustle and bustle of the world. But one day, that peaceful scene was shattered.

As I sat by the lake, lost in thought, I noticed a huge ripple in the water. It was out of place, and it made my heart skip a beat. I tried to shake it off, but the ripple continued to grow, becoming more and more violent with each passing moment.

I can't help but imagine what could have caused such a disturbance in this otherwise peaceful scene. Did a giant fish jump out of the water and make a splash? Did a mischievous otter decide to play a game of tag with the fish? Or maybe, just maybe, a Loch Ness Monster has found a new home in this lake and is lurking just beneath the surface.

I watched in awe as a massive fish emerged from the depths, its scales glinting in the sunlight. It was a sight to behold, but it also made me realize that there was so much more to nature than I had previously thought.

Until that moment, I had always thought of nature as peaceful and serene, a place where I could escape from the chaos of the world. But now, I saw that there was another side to nature, a wild and untamed side that could not be controlled.

As the fish disappeared beneath the surface, the ripples slowly faded away, and the lake returned to its calm and tranquil state. But I knew that I could never see nature in the same way again.

I know that sometimes, the most unexpected things can happen in the natural world. Even the calmest of waters can be disrupted by a sudden event. But that's what makes nature so fascinating and exciting to observe.

The experience challenged my beliefs and opened my eyes to the true nature of the natural world. It wasn't just about peace and serenity; it was about survival and the struggle for existence. This reminded me also that nature always has a way of surprising us. And sometimes, we just have to sit back, relax, and enjoy the show.

I left the lake that day with a newfound respect for nature and a sense of awe that I had never felt before. The unexpected ripple had changed me, and I knew that I would never forget the power and beauty of the natural world.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dancer's Flight

The Sharpear Enope Squid

Window Gazing