The Weight of Expectation

"A personal reflection on the invisible force of pressure and its impact on one's life."

In response to

Haibun Monday 3-27-23: Pressure

Image from India Today

Pressure is an invisible force that often dictates the course of our lives. It was ever-present during my childhood as a first-generation immigrant, pushing me to excel in school and strive for success in my career. But the pressure I felt wasn't just external. It also came from within, a constant voice in my head telling me I needed to be better, do more, and achieve greater heights.

I remember the day I received my acceptance letter to the university of my dreams. The weight of expectation lifted momentarily, replaced by a sense of accomplishment. But as I began my studies, the pressure returned with a vengeance. Long nights spent poring over textbooks, endless assignments, and exams, all fueled by the fear of failure.

Now, as I reflect on those years, I realize that the pressure I felt was both a curse and a blessing. It pushed me to achieve things I never thought possible, but it also took a toll on my mental and emotional well-being. Learning to balance the pressure and find peace within myself has been a lifelong journey, one that I continue to navigate with each passing day.

Nature whispers peace
Amidst the pressure of life
Find balance within

Comments

Post a Comment

Your comment will be published after the approval.

Popular posts from this blog

Dancer's Flight

The Sharpear Enope Squid

Melodies of Linda Perry