Antic and Pedantic

"Exploring my inner turmoil through the lens of being both antic and pedantic."

In response to

The Friday Reminder and Prompt for #SoCS April 1, 2023

Your Friday prompt for Stream of Consciousness Saturday is “antic.” Use it as a word or find a word that contains it. Bonus points if you do both. Enjoy!

Image from Linda G. Hill


As a young child, I was often called "antic" by my family and friends. I was always the one to come up with wild and imaginative ideas that often left others scratching their heads. But as I got older, I became more aware of how others perceived me and I started to worry that my antics were seen as childish and immature.

So, I began to strive for perfection in everything I did. I became pedantic, obsessing over the smallest details and striving to be the best at everything. While this did lead to some success, I also found myself becoming anxious and stressed out all the time. I was constantly worried about making mistakes and not living up to my own high standards.

It wasn't until I hit a breaking point that I realized how much I had lost sight of myself. I had become so focused on perfection that I had forgotten about the joy of simply being alive. I realized that my antics were a part of what made me unique and that I didn't need to be perfect to be happy.

So, I started to embrace my inner child again. I allowed myself to be silly and spontaneous, and I found that my stress and anxiety started to fade away. I still strive to do my best, but I no longer worry about being perfect. I am content with who I am and I am grateful for the lessons that being both antic and pedantic has taught me.

Both of these tendencies have their place, but I've come to realize that it's important to strike a balance between them. Being too antic can lead to recklessness and poor decision-making while being too pedantic can lead to anxiety and missed opportunities. It's important to be able to let go and have fun, but also to be responsible and thoughtful.

Looking forward, I hope to continue to cultivate both of these aspects of my personality. I want to be able to embrace the unexpected and enjoy life to the fullest, while also being disciplined and focused in pursuing my goals. Ultimately, I believe that finding this balance will help me to live a fulfilling and meaningful life, one that is full of both joy and purpose.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dancer's Flight

Melodies of Linda Perry

Window Gazing