Finding My Place in the World

"A personal story of self-discovery and breaking free from the margins"

In response to

The Sunday Whirl Wordle 599

Image from The Sunday Whirl


Looking back on my life, I realize that I've always felt like I existed on the margins of society. I was never quite like everyone else, always a little bit different. This feeling was especially strong growing up in the small town upstream from the big city.

I was always nimble, both physically and mentally. I had a knack for finding my way through the obstacles of life, like a silver light shining through a crack. I remember the first time I truly felt smitten by someone, it was a girl from my class who always seemed to be just out of reach. But my skewed perception of myself made me too afraid to approach her, and I would startle at the slightest interaction with her.

As I grew older and moved north to the big city, I found myself drawn to the world of art and design. I loved the way the spindles of creativity wove together to create something beautiful out of nothing. But even in this world, I still felt like an outsider, always looking in from the outside.

One day, while working on a project, something happened that made me flee in panic. The deadline was approaching, and I had been working on the design for hours when I accidentally spilled coffee on it, ruining everything. I was so upset that I didn't know what to do, and panic set in. But at that moment, something shifted inside me, and I realized that I had been holding myself back all this time.

I took a deep breath and started over, but this time, I approached my work with a new perspective. Instead of trying to fit in, I embraced my unique perspective and let it guide me. And as I worked, I realized that I was no longer on the margins of society, but right in the center, creating something beautiful and unique.

Looking back, I realize that my skewed perception of myself was holding me back all along. But by facing my fears and embracing my true self, I was able to break free and find my place in the world.

Comments

  1. Great reflection and use of the prompt words!

    ReplyDelete

  2. How wonderful to find your true self. (Sara McNulty)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sara, for your kind words,
      For acknowledging the growth I've found.
      May we all find the courage to be ourselves,
      And spread love and peace all around.
      😊

      Delete

Post a Comment

Your comment will be published after the approval.

Popular posts from this blog

Dancer's Flight

Melodies of Linda Perry

Window Gazing