Melodies of Linda Perry

"A poem dedicated to the magic of music, using the song titles from Linda Perry's albums as inspiration."

In response to

dVerse Poetics: Let music speak

The Challenge

For today’s challenge let’s write a poem about music in any form. You can mention music fleetingly or write a poem dedicated to music. BUT please include any two titles from the following list. These are all taken from Linda Perry’s albums.
  1. Edge Of Your Atmosphere
  2. Sunset Strip
  3. Life Despite God
  4. Sunny April Afternoon
  5. Bang The Drum
  6. Life in a Bottle
  7. Fruitloop Daydream
  8. Tiny Box Of Lies
  9. Knock Me Out
  10. I Am My Father’s Daughter
  11. Don’t Touch Me While I Am Sleeping
  12. Secret Lover
My post pays tribute to Linda Perry
by incorporating all 12 of her song titles.
=============================================

Life's a journey, with twists and turns,
But music is what my soul yearns,
From the Edge Of Your Atmosphere,
To the Sunset Strip, without fear.

Life Despite God, with music as my guide,
On a Sunny April Afternoon, my heart feels alive,
Bang The Drum, let the rhythm flow,
Life in a Bottle, it's time to let go.

Fruitloop Daydream, a sweet escape,
From the Tiny Box Of Lies that we all create,
Knock Me Out with a powerful beat,
I Am My Father's Daughter, and music's my retreat.

Don't Touch Me While I Am Sleeping,
Let the music keep on creeping,
My Secret Lover, always by my side,
Music is the place where I can truly reside.

Music, oh music, the rhythm of life that weaves its way into our souls, filling us with passion and energy to face each day at the Edge Of Your Atmosphere, where everything is possible and the world is yours to conquer.

As the sun sets on the Sunset Strip, we find ourselves lost in the melodies of our favorite songs, transported to a place where Life Despite God is still beautiful and meaningful.

On a Sunny April Afternoon, we turn up the volume and let the beat of the music guide our footsteps as we dance and sing along, lost in the moment and forgetting all our worries.

With Bang The Drum and the strum of the guitar, we feel alive and free, our minds taking flight and our bodies moving to the rhythm of Life in a Bottle.

We may have our share of Fruitloop Daydream and a Tiny Box Of Lies, but when the music plays, we are knock-out champions, rising above it all, just like Linda Perry, who proudly proclaims, "I Am My Father's Daughter" and nothing can stop us, not even the sweet lure of a Secret lover.

Music is the language of the soul, a universal expression that connects us all, bringing us closer together, even in the moments when we feel alone. So let the music play on, and Don't Touch Me While I Am Sleeping, for it is then that my dreams come alive with the sound of music.

=========================================================================

Dear reader,

I want to express my heartfelt gratitude to you for taking the time to read my blog posts. Your support and interest in my writing mean the world to me, and I cannot thank you enough for your time and attention.

I write to share my thoughts, ideas, and experiences, and it brings me immense joy to know that my words have resonated with you in some way. Your comments, feedback, and encouragement have been a source of inspiration for me to continue writing and exploring new topics.

Please know that I value your readership and appreciate your presence in my writing journey. I will continue to do my best to provide insightful and engaging content that you will find enjoyable and informative.

Once again, thank you for being a part of my community of readers.

Warm regards.

Comments

  1. Wonderful! You got them all in and it flows very well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done, Pankaj, for weaving all the titles into your poem and making it rhyme!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great work in incorporate them all...

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great accomplishment well done 🙌

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pankaj, my favorite part of your poem:
    "Fruitloop Daydream, a sweet escape,
    From the Tiny Box Of Lies that we all create,"
    Everyone needs respite and music is one of the best places I know to find it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, Pankaj! I am truly impressed. Using all titles and writing a rhyming verse is no mean feat!
    Thanks for joining in.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comment will be published after the approval.

Popular posts from this blog

Dancer's Flight

The Sharpear Enope Squid