The Bear and the Thin Tree Trunk: A Tale of Bravery and Acceptance

"Even the biggest and strongest creatures can have moments of fear and insecurity. It's all part of being alive."

In response to

Simply 6 Minutes – Welcome to the Challenge: 04/04/2023

Image from Stine Writing

As I slowly crouched behind the skinny tree trunk, I couldn't help but feel a bit foolish. I mean, look at me. I'm a big brown bear, towering over the tree and far too wide to ever successfully hide behind it. Yet here I am, trying to conceal myself from whatever is making that rustling noise in the bushes.

As I peeked out from behind the tree, I saw a rabbit hop by. I let out a small sigh of relief, feeling silly for being scared of such a small creature. But as I turned to walk away, I heard the rustling again. This time it sounded louder, more ominous. I knew I had to investigate.

As I approached the bushes, I tried to remind myself of my strength and size. I could easily take on whatever was making the noise, right? But as the bushes rustled even more, I found myself retreating back to the thin tree trunk once again.

I knew it was ridiculous. I knew I couldn't hide behind the tree. But there was something comforting about having even the slightest bit of cover. As I peered out from behind the tree once again, I saw a squirrel dart by. I let out a small chuckle at myself, feeling embarrassed at how scared I had been.

But at that moment, I realized something important. Even as a big brown bear, I still have fears and insecurities. And that's okay. It's okay to feel scared sometimes, and it's okay to need a little bit of cover from time to time. It's all part of being alive.

With a newfound sense of acceptance, I stepped out from behind the tree and faced the world with a newfound sense of bravery. Even if I wasn't always the biggest and strongest, I could still face my fears head-on and live life to the fullest.

Word count - 313

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dancer's Flight

The Sharpear Enope Squid

Window Gazing