The Ghostly Party

"A surreal gathering of spirits in the afterlife."

Writing prompt: Write a story about a ghost who attends a surreal party where they encounter a large group of ghost-like people. What happens at the party? Does the ghost find what they were looking for? Does the experience change them in any way?

In response to

Fandango’s Flash Fiction Challenge #213

Photo by Jr Korpa on Unsplash

As a ghost, I often found myself drawn to surreal settings, and this party was no exception. The room was filled with a large group of people, all dressed in white, their faces obscured by masks that seemed to glow in the dim light. It was like watching a dream unfold, and I couldn't resist the urge to join in.

As I floated toward the group, I felt a strange sensation wash over me. It was as if the air was charged with energy, and I could feel the excitement building within me. I moved through the crowd, watching as they danced and laughed, their movements were almost ghost-like in their fluidity.

As the night wore on, the party began to take on a surreal quality. The music grew louder, the lights more intense, and the people more animated. It was like being caught in the middle of a wild dream, and I felt myself getting lost in the moment.

And then, just as suddenly as it had begun, the party ended. The lights dimmed, the music faded away, and the people slowly began to disappear. As the last of them faded into the darkness, I was left alone once more, the memory of the party fading like a distant dream.

But even as the memory faded, I knew that I had experienced something truly special. It was a moment of pure joy, a celebration of life and all its mysteries. And even though I was just a ghost, I knew I had been a part of something truly transformative.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dancer's Flight

The Sharpear Enope Squid

Melodies of Linda Perry