Three 44-Word Quadrille Poems on Revolution

In response to

Quadrille #174: You say you want a revolution

Write a poem of exactly 44 words, including the word revolution.
Despite being instructed to write only one poem, I ended up composing three.

Image source - Dreamstime
====================================

A Quadrille that explores the power of revolution.


Revolution spins, shakes the ground
Force of change, the world unbound
Fueled by passion, a burning flame
Challenging norms, never the same

New ideas spread, old ways upturned
Revolution, a lesson learned
The future's uncertain, but hope remains
Revolution, the key to breaking chains.

Word count - 44
====================================

A Quadrille on the constant cycle of revolution in the cosmos.


Revolution of the Earth, is a cosmic dance
Around the Sun, it is a Celestial romance
A cycle of days, a pattern of nights
A rhythm of seasons, an endless delight
A grand revolution, a cosmic design
A spectacle of nature, divine and sublime.

Word count - 44
====================================

A Quadrille about a Dream of Change


In my dream, I saw a revolution,
A world is free from, hatred and confusion.
Hearts and minds filled with love and light,
A utopia, a true delight.
I woke up with a longing so deep,
A revolution, in reality, we need to keep.

Word count - 44
====================================

Dear readers,

I want to express my heartfelt gratitude to you for taking the time to read my blog posts. Your support and interest in my writing mean the world to me, and I cannot thank you enough for your time and attention.

I write to share my thoughts, ideas, and experiences, and it brings me immense joy to know that my words have resonated with you in some way. Your comments, feedback, and encouragement have been a source of inspiration for me to continue writing and exploring new topics.

Please know that I value your readership and appreciate your presence in my writing journey. I will continue to do my best to provide insightful and engaging content that you will find enjoyable and informative.

Once again, thank you for being a part of my community of readers.

Warm regards.

Comments

  1. Wow, Pankaj! Three quadrilles for the price of one! I really like the movement in the first one, the spinning, shaking and burning, and the idea of ‘New ideas spread, old ways upturned’. In the second one, I love the rhythm and rhyme in the lines:
    ‘A cycle of days, a pattern of nights
    A rhythm of seasons, an endless delight’.
    The final quadrille is a dream that I believe everyone has – if only it came true.
    Well done, and thank you for joining us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kim, so much for your kind words! I'm glad you enjoyed my quadrilles. It's great to hear that you appreciated the movement and imagery in the first one, the rhythm and rhyme in the second, and the dreamy quality of the third. Thank you for hosting such a wonderful platform for poets to share their work. I look forward to participating in future prompts. 😊

      Delete

Post a Comment

Your comment will be published after the approval.

Popular posts from this blog

Dancer's Flight

Melodies of Linda Perry

Window Gazing