Veiled Malevolence

"A poetic portrayal of the lurking darkness within human hearts."

In response to

#TankaTuesday Weekly
#Poetry Challenge No. 321, 5/23/23

Write an acrostic poem with a syllable count of 8, 9, or 10 syllables per line (all the same, or a mixture of syllable counts, is fine).

Screenshot from WORD CRAFT POETRY

MALEVOLENCE

Malicious intents concealed in shadows,
Aimless wildness, the malevolence grows.
Lurking in hearts, its poisonous seed sown,
Eclipse of kindness, a darkness unknown.
Vicious whispers spread like venomous snakes,
Oblivious victims, their trust at stake.
Lingering malice, a sinister force,
Endless tantalize, its relentless course.
Nefarious deeds on a wicked spree,
Casting gloominess upon all that's free.
Enmity thrives, devouring innocence.

Syllables per line: 10 10 10 10 10 10 10 10 10 10 10

=========================================================================

Dear reader,

I want to express my heartfelt gratitude to you for taking the time to read my blog posts. Your support and interest in my writing mean the world to me, and I cannot thank you enough for your time and attention.

I write to share my thoughts, ideas, and experiences, and it brings me immense joy to know that my words have resonated with you in some way. Your comments, feedback, and encouragement have been a source of inspiration for me to continue writing and exploring new topics.

Please know that I value your readership and appreciate your presence in my writing journey. I will continue to do my best to provide insightful and engaging content that you will find enjoyable and informative.

Once again, thank you for being a part of my community of readers.

Warm regards.

Comments

  1. "Vicious whispers spread like venomous snakes," ~ I particularly enjoyed this line. Very well done. I chose the same word :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If only we could all see beyond the fear, anger, and jealousy that drive people to engage in hurtful gossip perhaps then we might find a world filled less hate and division. Thank you, Paula! 😊🙏

      Delete
  2. Wow, that was awesome, Pankaj! I love the alliteration and the rhyming! Well done!

    Yvette M Calleiro :-)
    http://yvettemcalleiro.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alliteration and clever rhymes are one of my favorite literary devices to play around with because I think they add so much depth and whimsy to language. To hear that I executed them effectively for you gives me great pleasure. This creative expression has brought us together today and that alone warms my soul. Thank you, Yvette M Calleiro! 😊🙏

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Aww shucks, coming from you carries considerable weight. Thank you, Willow, so much for recognizing the effort! Having received accolades from skilled writers like yourself really does feed my passion and motivates me to refine my abilities further. 😊🙏

      Delete
  4. Excellent take Pankaj. Sadje

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A part of me feels honored as hell and the rest feels driven to push even harder for continued approval. Thank you, Sadje, for being here for me. 😊🙏

      Delete
  5. Pankaj, I love how you expounded on malevolence. These lines: "Vicious whispers spread like venomous snakes, Oblivious victims, their trust at stake..." Wow! This was so powerful. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You definitely created a malevolent world with your poem! Good job%,

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comment will be published after the approval.

Popular posts from this blog

Dancer's Flight

The Sharpear Enope Squid

Melodies of Linda Perry