Three Things Challenge #M252

Finding Healing Through Enacting and Screaming
A self-reflective story on the power of expressing emotions in relationships

Three Things Challenge #M252
Words to include - ENACT, RELATION, SCREAM


I had always been shy and introverted, preferring to keep to myself rather than engage in social activities. But when I landed a lead role in a school play, I knew I had to step out of my comfort zone and enact my character to the best of my abilities.

As the rehearsals began, I found myself building a relationship with my co-stars, becoming more comfortable with each passing day. However, there was one scene in which my character had to scream at the top of her lungs, expressing her frustration and anger toward the other characters.

The thought of screaming in front of others terrified me. I had always been self-conscious about my voice and worried about what others would think of me. But the director pushed me to give it my all, to let go of my fears and become fully immersed at the moment.

So, when the time came for that scene, I closed my eyes, took a deep breath, and let out the most blood-curdling scream I could muster. The room fell silent for a moment before erupting into applause and cheers.

That moment was a turning point for me. It showed me that sometimes we have to face our fears and let go of our insecurities to truly grow and develop. It taught me the importance of pushing myself out of my comfort zone and building relations with those around me. And most importantly, it reminded me that enacting a character, whether on stage or in real life, requires a willingness to be vulnerable and embrace our emotions fully.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dancer's Flight

Melodies of Linda Perry

Window Gazing