Unwavering Friendship

"A poem celebrating the strength of true friendship that stands the test of time."

The Challenge from dVerse - "So for today’s poetics challenge, which is very simple, I would like you to pick an opening line from a blogger friend’s poem (with due permission/acknowledgement) and use it in your poem on friendship. Please use the line as it is anywhere in your verse. The form/style/length is up to you."

Photo by THIS IS ZUN

For this challenge, I have picked an opening line "I never drowned" from a poem by Paula Light.

I never drowned in the sea of loneliness,
For I had friends who were my fortress.
They stood by me in moments of distress,
And helped me rise above life's mess.

In laughter and tears, they were always there,
To share my joys and wipe away my despair.
Their love and care were beyond compare,
A bond so strong, it was truly rare.

Friendship is a precious gift, I know,
One that blossoms and continues to grow.
It's a treasure that's worth more than gold,
And a warmth that never grows old.

So, here's to my friends, near and far,
The ones who've helped me reach for the stars.
I'm grateful for their love, their support,
For their friendship is a lifeline of sorts.


Comments

  1. In laughter and tears, they were always there,
    To share my joys and wipe away my despair.

    Glad that despair was wiped away by sharers of joy! Thank you for your appreciation of friendships!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A friendship is a precious gift. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A really great poem! Well done. Friends are truly a precious gift!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pankaj, what a lovely tribute to friends! Good friends should be celebrated like you did, so beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. I couldn't agree more! There's nothing quite like the bond between true friends. 😊

      Delete

Post a Comment

Your comment will be published after the approval.

Popular posts from this blog

Dancer's Flight

Melodies of Linda Perry

Window Gazing