A Lesson in Zucchini Peeling

"Finding new ways to peel a zucchini, inspired by the one you love."


Video from Web

In the kitchen, I stand with zucchini in my hand
Trying to peel it with a peeler, but I don't understand
The backside of the peeler, it just won't work for me
I struggle and I fumble, it's frustrating, you see

But then my wife comes to my aid, talking on her phone
She shows me how to peel it right, so I'm not alone
She holds her phone with her teeth and shows me the trick
And suddenly, I'm feeling like a pro, it's no longer a prick

I mimic her every move, holding my phone with my teeth
I peel the zucchini effortlessly, it's a feeling of relief
I realize at that moment, sometimes we need a helping hand
To show us how to do things right, to help us understand

It's okay to ask for help, to admit we don't know it all
To learn from those around us, to rise up when we fall
And so, with my zucchini peeled, I feel a sense of pride
And gratitude for my wife, who helped me turn the tide.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dancer's Flight

Melodies of Linda Perry

Window Gazing