Finding Happiness by Focusing on Others

"How I Discovered the True Meaning of Happiness by Putting Others First"

In response to

Reena’s Xploration Challenge #273

Image from Progressfocused


I used to be a very selfish person. I always thought about my own happiness and never cared about the happiness of others. It wasn't until I experienced a great loss in my life that I realized the importance of focusing on the happiness of others.

One of my best friends had been diagnosed with a terminal illness, and her prognosis was not good. I was devastated, and I felt like my world was falling apart. I spent a lot of time with her in her final days, and I noticed that despite her illness, she always had a smile on her face. She was happy, and she radiated positivity.

One day, I asked her how she managed to stay so positive in the face of such a terrible illness. She simply replied, "The surest way of experiencing more happiness in our lives is to focus more on the happiness of others."

Her words hit me like a ton of bricks. I realized that I had been so focused on my own happiness that I had completely disregarded the happiness of others. I had been missing out on so much joy that I could have experienced if I had just focused more on the happiness of those around me.

From that moment on, I made a conscious effort to focus on the happiness of others. I started volunteering at a local soup kitchen, and I spent more time with my family and friends, doing things that made them happy. And you know what? My own happiness started to increase as well. I found joy in making others happy, and it brought me a sense of fulfillment that I had never experienced before.

It's been a few years since my sister passed away, but her words continue to resonate with me. Focusing on the happiness of others has become a way of life for me, and it has brought me so much joy and fulfillment. I truly believe that the surest way of experiencing more happiness in our lives is to focus more on the happiness of others.

Comments

Post a Comment

Your comment will be published after the approval.

Popular posts from this blog

Dancer's Flight

Melodies of Linda Perry

Window Gazing