The Party with Pansies and Pastries

"A tale of love, friendship, and acceptance at a garden party."

Three Things Challenge #M270

Words to include - PANSY, PASTRY, PARTY


Image from NPR

Growing up, I was never really one for parties. I was always more of a pansy, afraid of socializing with people outside my comfort zone. But one day, I decided to step out of my shell and attend a party that changed everything for me.

It was a friend's birthday and she was throwing a party at her house. I was nervous as I arrived, clutching a box of pastries I had picked up on the way. I had never been to a party like this before and I didn't know what to expect.

As soon as I walked in, the music was blasting and people were dancing everywhere. It was overwhelming at first, but then I saw my friend and she came over to greet me with a big hug. She introduced me to some of her friends, and before I knew it, I was chatting and laughing with them like I had known them for years.

I realized that parties weren't so scary after all. In fact, they were a lot of fun. I danced, I laughed, and I even tried some of the pastries I had brought. As the night went on, I felt myself becoming more and more comfortable in this new social environment.

From that day on, I made a promise to myself to attend more parties and social events. I didn't want to be a pansy anymore, hiding in the shadows. I wanted to experience all that life had to offer, even if it meant stepping out of my comfort zone.

That party was a turning point for me. It showed me that sometimes, all it takes is a little courage to try something new and exciting. And who knows what other amazing experiences are waiting for me out there, all because I decided to take a chance and attend a party with a box of pastries in hand.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dancer's Flight

Melodies of Linda Perry

Window Gazing