The Shiny Moments of Life

"A story on the beauty and complexity of seeking out shiny experiences"

Shiny – Word of the Day Challenge


I have always been drawn to shiny objects. As a child, I would spend hours playing with my mother's jewelry box, admiring the way the light caught on the glittering stones and shimmering metals. There was something about the way that shiny objects sparkled and danced in the light that captured my imagination and filled me with a sense of wonder.

As I grew older, my fascination with shiny things continued, but it took on a new meaning. No longer content to simply look at pretty baubles, I began to seek out shiny experiences - moments of joy, excitement, and possibility that shone like beacons in the darkness of everyday life.

At times, this search for shiny experiences has led me down paths that were not always healthy or fulfilling. I have chased after shiny opportunities that promised riches or fame, only to find them empty and hollow when I finally caught up to them.

But despite these setbacks, my fascination with shiny things has never waned. Instead, it has evolved into a deeper appreciation for the beauty and complexity of life. I have learned to see the shiny moments not just as fleeting pleasures, but as reminders of the magic and wonder that exists all around us, if only we know where to look.

And so, I continue to seek out the shiny moments, not as a distraction from the challenges of life, but as a way to connect with the world in all its beauty and complexity. Whether it's the shimmering light on a dewy spider web, the twinkle in a loved one's eye, or the fleeting feeling of pure joy, these moments of shiny brilliance remind me of the magic that exists within and around us, and I am grateful for every one of them.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dancer's Flight

Melodies of Linda Perry

Window Gazing