The Unplanned Hiatus

"Sometimes taking a break from our routine can reveal new perspectives."

Write a story about a person who takes an unexpected hiatus from their everyday life and discovers something new about themselves during their time away.

In collaboration with

Moonwashed Weekly Prompt #136 – 3/28/23 – Hiatus

Image from Medium

I had been working at the same job for almost a decade. Day in and day out, I woke up early, put on my work clothes, and headed to the office. My routine had become so monotonous that I barely even noticed the passing of time.

One day, I woke up feeling different. The routine that had once brought me comfort and security now felt suffocating. I needed a break, a hiatus from my daily life. I didn't know what to do or where to go, but I knew I needed a change.

So, I took a month off from work and embarked on a journey of self-discovery. I traveled to different cities, met new people, tried new foods, and did things I never thought I would do. I went hiking in the mountains, swam in the ocean, and watched the sunset in the desert.

During my hiatus, I learned a lot about myself. I realized that I had been living my life on autopilot, never truly experiencing all that life had to offer. I had been so focused on my career and daily routine that I had forgotten to enjoy the small moments in life.

As my hiatus came to an end, I felt recharged and refreshed. I returned to work with a new perspective, a newfound appreciation for life, and a willingness to step out of my comfort zone. I was no longer afraid to take risks and try new things.

Taking a hiatus from my daily routine was the best decision I ever made. It allowed me to rediscover myself, rekindle my passions, and find a renewed sense of purpose.

Comments

  1. It’s good to do some unplanned things once in a while.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A break from routine can make one more productive later!
    ~Paula

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderfully expressed the benefits of taking a hiatus and experiencing self-renewal. Thank you for joining in, Pankaj.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comment will be published after the approval.

Popular posts from this blog

Dancer's Flight

Melodies of Linda Perry

Window Gazing