Why The Sun Is Fiery Red During The Sunset?

"Exploring the fascinating phenomenon of Rayleigh scattering and other factors that affect the hues of the sky and sun."

In response to

Reena’s Xploration Challenge #278

Image source - Reena Saxena

Amidst the day, when sun is high,
The sky appears in shades of blue,
But why does it turn red in evening sky?
Lord Rayleigh's law has the clue.

The air molecules that fill the space,
Are much smaller than sun's rays,
When light scatters, it's their grace,
That paints the sky in various ways.

Shorter wavelengths like blue and violet,
Are scattered more than those of red,
So we see blue when we look at it,
And forget about the sky's other threads.

As sun descends and approaches the earth,
Its light must pass through more of air's girth,
Hence it scatters more, and colors shift,
Less blue and more red, the sky's drift.

The atmosphere's elements play a role,
In influencing what we see,
Mie and Raman scattering change the whole,
Creating effects like halos and glee.

Seasons, location, and time of day,
All alter the sun and sky's hue,
Diverse and beautiful in every way,
Nature shows us colors anew.

=========================================================================

Dear reader,

I want to express my heartfelt gratitude to you for taking the time to read my blog posts. Your support and interest in my writing mean the world to me, and I cannot thank you enough for your time and attention.

I write to share my thoughts, ideas, and experiences, and it brings me immense joy to know that my words have resonated with you in some way. Your comments, feedback, and encouragement have been a source of inspiration for me to continue writing and exploring new topics.

Please know that I value your readership and appreciate your presence in my writing journey. I will continue to do my best to provide insightful and engaging content that you will find enjoyable and informative.

Once again, thank you for being a part of my community of readers.

Warm regards.

Comments

  1. I guess both you and Jim Adams drew inspiration from Rayleigh Scattering :) - one captured it in prose, and one in poetry.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comment will be published after the approval.

Popular posts from this blog

Dancer's Flight

Melodies of Linda Perry

Window Gazing